RESOURCE CONSERVATIONFlorblanca Sustainability
We strive to conserve as much of our resources as possible, and encourage our guests to do so as well.
- All villas offer an infrastructure that invites natural light into restaurant and villas.
- Sola tube technology on the roofs to lighten the offices with natural light.
- Energy efficient light bulbs and equipment.
- Messages and friendly reminders throughout the hotel to create awareness of light and water conservation.
- Dimmers to manage different light intensities.
- Giving the option to all guests of changing the linens and towels every three days rather than daily in the villas.
- Special devices to diminish water use in toilets.
- Kitchen faucets with pressure to reduce water consumption
- Electric cars to transport laundry and merchandise.
- Encourage our clients to visit the National Park Cabo Blanco, the Wildlife Reserve Ario-Caletas and the Animal Shelter Rainsong Sanctuary (www.rainsongsanctuary.com)
- We have supported the "Bandera Azul Ecologica Program" for Santa Teresa and Hermosa Beach through our participation on the Environmental Commission of Malpais-Carmen-.Santa Teresa-Hermosa (www.comisionambiental.net)
- Our security guard, located at the beach entrance of the hotel, has instructions on how to protect the turtle nests.
- Grounds lights are installed taking into consideration turtle nesting and wildlife.
- A system of rock drains manages rainwater runoff on the property.
- Trees and palms on our property are properly named for a self-guided tour.