COMMUNITY INTERACTIONFlorblanca Sustainability
We don't believe that we only share a geographical location with our community, but also a shared responsibility to do our part to better the area socially where we are so fortunate to live and work.
- Provide uniforms to the local soccer team of Bello Horizonte Community.
- For the past three years on Christmas, the Florblanca staff donates money to buy presents for the most humble families of the community.
- We have a bulletin board that has become a communication channel where the local community can invite staff and guests to social and recreational activities
- English classes have been provided to the staff
- A teacher sponsored by Florblanca has given the English course at the Public School of Santa Teresa
- We have organized activities to collect money to pay for the English books the children use in the Public Santa Teresa School.
- With the Hermosa Valley School, we have organized different events for the community:
- Sports Fair
- Recycling Fair
- Community Security Fair
- First aid course with the Red Cross
- Training to the staff on using extintors and other trainings to prepare our emergency plan
- We offer Sunday Salsa Classes during some seasons.
- We contribute with the Harmony Music School of Pochote Beach by donations, and by hiring its orchestra to host a concert at our hotel.
- See escuelademusicaharmony.blogspot.com and cim-pochote.blogspot.com.
- Certified organic coffee and teas are offered in the restaurant and gift shop. We also always strive to sell certified organic produce, free-range chicken, local pork, and sustainable fish in our Nectar Restaurant when available.
- With the proper assessment, we offer our help when we find injured animals.
- We signed the Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism. www.protegiendoles.org/codigo.htm